Join P-H-M’s Transportation Team as a Bus Driver
School bus drivers are the first face of P-H-M students see in the morning and the last ones they see in the afternoon. Our School Bus Drivers take pride in being one of P-H-M’s most valued ambassadors. Their job is rewarding and satisfying!
Click to watch the video below and see how you can make a difference in the lives of our students, then click to apply today!
P-H-M Substitute School Bus Drivers are paid $23.75 with a minimum of 4.0 hours per day (2 hour am / 2 hour pm). Sub drivers do have an opportunity for additional earnings by helping out on field trips that are in conflict with regular routes or outside of the normal time frame. The pay rate on field trips is $16.00 / hour. Minimum pay on all field trips is $35.00.
New drivers that have been trained by P-H-M will receive a stipend of $300.00 after 6 months after receiving their CDL license if they remain in good standing. This then provides the opportunity for sub drivers to become Full-time Route School Bus Drivers.
Existing P-H-M bus drivers can earn a $500 referral bonus for referring new drivers to P-H-M! The new driver would have to stay a minimum of 60 days for the referring driver to receive the bonus.
School Bus Drivers enjoy:
- Guaranteed 4 hours per day
- Insurance - medical and dental, and the opportunity to enroll in Section 125 Plan
- Click for an explanation of Indiana state employee pension benefits
- Receive 10 sick days per year that are accumulative
- Receive 2 personal business days that are non-accumulative
- Receive 6 paid Holidays per year