Food & Nutrition | Penn-Harris-Madison School Corporation Skip to main content

You are here

Food & Nutrition

Horizon students at lunch


Food programs offered at P-H-M

Click below for information on the different food programs P-H-M offers.

Follow these links for more important information!

Penn-Harris-Madison Food Service proudly serves nutritious school meals that meet federal nutritional standards and guidelines. Providing healthy, well-balanced meals supports students’ overall performance and success at school. Proper nutrition fuels the brain!


Penn-Harris-Madison's Food Service Department is located within Penn High School, at 56100 Bittersweet Road, Mishawaka, IN 46545. 


List of Contacts:

  • Jill Riggs, Director of Food Service (574) 258-9552
  • Michael Alwine Assistant Director of Food Service 574-258-9500 ext 20997
  • Mindy Jaroch Secretary (574) 254-2814


Jill, Michael, and Mindy are all happy to assist Penn-Harris-Madison families with questions or concerns about food service at any of the fifteen schools.

Penn-Harris-Madison is an equal opportunity provider

In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.


Program information may be made available in languages other than English. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication to obtain program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the responsible state or local agency that administers the program or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.


To file a program discrimination complaint, a Complainant should complete a Form AD-3027, USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form which can be obtained online at:, from any USDA office, by calling (866) 632-9992, or by writing a letter addressed to USDA. The letter must contain the complainant’s name, address, telephone number, and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation. The completed AD-3027 form or letter must be submitted to USDA by:


  1. mail:
    U.S. Department of Agriculture
    Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
    1400 Independence Avenue, SW
    Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; or
  2. fax:
    (833) 256-1665 or (202) 690-7442; or

  3. email: