FOCUS AND MISSION
Formerly known as Growing Together Preschool, Penn PALS Community Preschool honors the same mission: Serving youngsters with special needs in an inclusive setting with their general education preschool peers. We educate both Exceptional Education and General Education preschool students side-by-side, supporting the Exceptional Ed students with the appropriate challenge, support, and accommodation. Click to see a video montage of the program.
PALS stands for Promoting Academic Learning Skills to reflect the program’s focus on educational readiness. Some other words to describe the Penn PALS experience are IMAGINE, EXPLORE, and ENGAGE! Youngsters who attend Penn PALS Community Preschool at P-H-M learn and grow!
To promote kindergarten readiness for students, we will provide a curriculum crucial for development that includes cognitive, social, emotional, physical and language activities, in an atmosphere conducive to academic and social engagement.
We will continue to utilize the ISTAR-KR Standards based on the Indiana Kindergarten Standards, SPARK, Everyday Mathematics, Fundations, and Handwriting Without Tears.
PennPALS Community Preschool is a half-day program. It is only open to P-H-M resident students (students must live within the P-H-M district).
OPERATING HOURS, AGE REQUIREMENTS & 2019-2020 PRICING:
- Ages 2 & 3 (child must be two by March 1, 2019)
- Tuesdays and Thursdays, 9:00 – 11:30 a.m.
- $115 per month (for two days a week)
- Ages 3 & 4 (child must be three by September 1, 2019)
- Tuesdays and Thursdays, 9:00 – 11:30 a.m., $115 per month (for two days a week)
- Monday, Wednesday and Fridays, 9:00 – 11:30 a.m., $130 per month (for 3 days a week)
- Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursdays, 12:30 – 3:00 p.m., $130 per month for 3 days a week)
- Ages 3 ½ – 5 (child must be 3 1/2 by September 1, 2019)
- Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursdays, 12:30 – 3:00 p.m.
- $130 per month (for 3 days a week)
- Ages 4 & 5 (child must be four by September 1, 2019)
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursdays, 9:00 – 11:30 a.m.
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursdays,12:30 – 3:00 p.m.
$145 per month for (4 days a week)
These four P-H-M Elementary Schools host a Penn PALS preschool program:
- Bittersweet Elementary School
- Elm Road Elementary School
- Elsie Rogers Elementary School
- Mary Frank Elementary School
2019-2020 SCHOOL YEAR
Penn PALS follows the P-H-M vacation and recess days schedule. Click to view the full P-H-M 2019-20 School Year Calendar. P-H-M schools & Penn PALS will not be in session during the dates listed below:
*Please note when bad weather occurs, tune into local TV stations. If Penn-Harris-Madison schools are closed, Penn PALS is also closed. If there is a 2-hour delay, there will NOT be morning preschool.
Parents can register their students at the preschool location at which they would like their child to attend. Please bring these items with you at the time of registration:
- $60.00 non-refundable registration fee. Please make checks payable to Penn-Harris-Madison School Corporation.
- birth certificate, immunization record and proof of residency are required
- 2019-2020 Registration form
Tuition is due the first week of each month. A tuition envelope will be provided by your child’s teacher. A receipt will be issued for cash payments. There will be no refunds for days absent. If payment is more than 30 days late, please make arrangements for payment with your child’s teacher or Site Coordinator.
if you pay by check, please make checks payable to Penn-Harris-Madison School Corporation.
Penn PALS Community Preschool
- You can email Meghan Murphy, Lead Preschool Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org
*Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view pdfs. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader, please visit Adobe’s website, at this link www.get.adobe.com/reader/, to download your free version.