Teachers are an integral part of our “Triangle of Success” along with parents and students-- connecting with parents and students to achieve academic excellence. Excellence Happens Here!
Click the button below to apply today!
- Penn-Harris-Madison School Corporation places a high priority on ongoing Professional Development to ensure teacher success and excellence in education.
- 100% of P-H-M’s teachers were evaluated “Effective” or “Highly Effective”
- P-H-M promotes Professional Learning Communities (PLC’s) and collaborative planning.
- P-H-M provides technology-rich learning environments in our 11 elementary schools, 3 middle schools and Penn High School.
- P-H-M values and celebrates diversity.
- P-H-M has excellent pay & benefits—the highest starting teacher salary in the area! Click for more details.
Our teachers are passionate about teaching and we are passionate about our teachers! Click to watch the video below to see how we feel about our educators, then CLICK HERE TO APPLY TODAY! We’re always accepting teacher applications, so get your resume on file with us today!
Want to learn more about P-H-M Excellence? Click to watch our Excellence Happens Here video series on our YouTube Channel.
The Indiana Department of Education has consistently recognized Penn-Harris-Madison School Corporation with an “A” rating since 2011—the first year the district rating system was established. We are a suburban school district in Northern Indiana, just outside of South Bend—home to the University of Notre Dame, Bethel University and Indiana University South Bend. Click to learn more about the South Bend/Mishawaka area. We are about 90 miles from Chicago and 30 miles from the beautiful shores of Lake Michigan. The District covers 135 square miles serving approximately 11,100 students in 15 schools: 11 elementary, three middle and one high school. Our other points of excellence include:
- Based on Spring 2021 ILEARN results, P-H-M is in the state’s Top 6% among public school districts, Top 3% of all public school corporations passing ELA and Top 7% of all public school corporations passing Math.
- An “A” rated school district
Ten of our elementary schools and two of our middle schools are ranked among Indiana’s top public schools earning the distinction of being named U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Public Elementary & Middle Schools.”
Penn High School was ranked 14th in Indiana, #1 in the South Bend Area, and in the top 40%, in U.S. News & World Report’s 2021 U.S. News Best High Schools listing.
More than 85% of Penn students graduate with High Honors, Academic Honors or Technical Honors
Nine “A” rated schools: Bittersweet, Elm Road, Elsie Rogers, Horizon, Moran, Northpoint and Prairie Vista Elementary Schools, along with Discovery Middle School and Penn High School.
Five “Four Star” Schools: Discovery Middle, Horizon Elementary, Northpoint Elementary, Prairie Vista Elementary and Penn High School.
100% of our teachers are rated Effective or Highly Effective by the IDOE.
1:1 Technology for all students in the school district, at all levels: elementary, middle, and high school!