In keeping with Penn-Harris-Madison’s Vision of Excellence, we have an outstanding team of professionals who serve the unique needs of all of our students through our Exceptional Education Division. We have a dedicated staff made up of school psychologists, occupational and physical therapists, speech and language pathologists and preschool teachers.
Parents are integral part of P-H-M’s Triangle of Success that helps our students succeed. We value our relationships with our parents and have created the Exceptional Education Forum as another way to engage with our parents.
P-H-M’s Exceptional Education Department is located within Penn High School, 56100 Bittersweet Rd., and can be reached at (574) 968-9600.
THE DEPARTMENT STAFF INCLUDES:
- Exceptional Education Executive Director: Gena L. Todd
- Exceptional Education Program Supervisor (Middle School): Jennifer Sears, Ph.D.
- Exceptional Education Program Supervisor (Elementary): Caroline Brill
- Lead Preschool Specialist: Michelle Treber
- Penn High School Exceptional Education Academy Leader: Rebecca Allen
- Administrative Assistant: Ashley Wright
- Division Secretary: Mary Peterson
- Preschool Secretary: Jennifer Tebell
- School Psychologists: Stephanie Burger, Kevin Runyan, Michael Manis, Travis Block
- IEP Coordinators: Tammy Kenna, Angie Edwards
P-H-M’s EXCEPTIONAL EDUCATION DIVISION OFFERS MANY PROGRAMS AND SERVICES, INCLUDING:
Eligible students aged 2½ to 5 years old who attend Penn PALS (Promoting Academic Learning Skills) will learn and grow! Click here for more information or call (574) 968-9600. Register at any of the four locations: Bittersweet, Elm Road, Elsie Rogers and Mary Frank Elementary Schools.
P-H-M offers free speech and language screenings for three, four, and five-year old children who reside within the school district’s boundaries.
Links to Parent Support Groups