Early in the 2014-2015 school year, Penn-Harris-Madison committed to establishing a department in-house to provide special education services for students with identified needs. This decision followed the one to dissolve Joint Services for Special Education, the cooperative that had served students at both P-H-M and School City of Mishawaka for many years.
In keeping with P-H-M’s Vision of Excellence, we have assembled an outstanding team of professionals to launch the Exceptional Education Division. This staff is working hard, preparing to provide exceptional service to our students and families.
THE DEPARTMENT ROSTER INCLUDES:
- Exceptional Education Executive Director: email@example.com (Gena L. Todd)
- Exceptional Education Program Supervisor: firstname.lastname@example.org (Jennifer Sears, Ph.D.)
- Exceptional Education Program Coordinator: email@example.com (Caroline Brill)
- Administrative Assistant: firstname.lastname@example.org (Ashley Wright)
- Division Secretary: email@example.com (Cassie Schmucker)
- School Psychologists: Stephanie Burger, Brittany Stall, Kevin Runyan, Michael Manis, Travis Block
- IEP Coordinators: Marcia Abrams, TBA
P-H-M’s EXCEPTIONAL EDUCATION DIVISION OFFERS MANY PROGRAMS AND SERVICES, INCLUDING:
Eligible students aged 2½ to 5 years old who attend Penn PALS (Promoting Academic Learning Skills) will learn and grow! Get more information here, or by calling (574) 968-9600. Register at any of the four locations: Bittersweet, Elm Road, Elsie Rogers and Mary Frank Elementary Schools.
P-H-M offers free speech and language screenings for three, four, and five-year old children who reside within the school district’s boundaries.
Links to Parent Support Groups