The Indiana Department of Education released the list of Four Star Schools and five Penn-Harris-Madison School Corporation schools have earned that distinction! P-H-M is in the Top 5 of Four Star Schools in the state, out of approximately 300 public school districts.
P-H-M's Four Star Schools for the 2017-18 school year are:
- Discovery Middle School
- Horizon Elementary School
- Northpoint Elementary School
- Prairie Vista Elementary School
- Penn High School
To receive Four Star designation, a school must receive an “A” on the state’s A-F accountability system and have excellent ISTEP pass rates. A total of 234 schools received the award. Click to visit the IDOE website and see the full list of Indiana school districts with Four Star Schools.
- A school must have received an “A” on the state’s A-F Accountability system for the 2017-2018 school year.
- A school must have tested at least 95% of students on ISTEP English/Language Arts and Math.
- Combined ISTEP Pass Percentage (Pass Percentage of English/Language Arts ISTEP + Pass Percentage of Math ISTEP) must be in Top 25th Percentile for each grade tested (minimum of 10 students).
- Percent Passing Both ISTEP (Percent of students who passed both the English/Language Arts ISTEP + Math ISTEP) must be in the Top 25th Percentile for each grade tested (minimum of 10 students).
As a school district, P-H-M is an “A” rated school district. We have received an “A” rating every year since 2011—making this the seventh consecutive year! Click for more details.
Results for the Spring 2018 ISTEP standardized testing P-H-M ranks in the Top 5% (for grade 10, out of 291 Indiana public school corporations that have a high school).
In grades 3-8, P-H-M is in the Top 6% of public school districts (out of 294 Indiana public school corporations that have grades 3-8). Click for more details.