The heart of the mission
Penn-Harris-Madison’s Learning Division is focused on results. Data guides our decisions; we are always seeking what works best for our students.
Led by Assistant Superintendent Dr. Heather Short, the Learning Division coordinates the district’s efforts in the areas of curriculum, instruction and assessment. Learn more about how curriculum, instruction and assessment drive the educational mission at our Excellence in Education page.
P-H-M teachers are lifelong learners
The school district invests heavily in the professional development of staff, especially teachers. It’s one reason that 100% of P-H-M’s teachers are rated “effective” or “highly effective”!
Mrs. Heather Short coordinates a comprehensive year-round program of professional development. The program reflects best practices in teaching and learning and is structured to meet the district’s specific needs.
The Learning Division is committed to excellence in these areas as well:
- Instructional Technology
- High Ability and Enrichment
- Exceptional Education
- Preschool Programs:
- English as a New Language (ENL)
- Summer School
- The Digital Video Theater
- Dr. Heather Short, Assistant Superintendent, email@example.com
- Dr. Jayson Snyder, Director of Talent Acquisition & Development, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Carolyn Palonis, Administrative Assistant, email@example.com, (574) 258-9588