Please click here to first verify your Penn-Harris-Madison residency by viewing the interactive Google based P-H-M District Boundaries Map. As an alternative, you may contact us at (574) 259-7941 and provide your home address which we can look up to determine the school your child(ren) will attend. You can also contact our Transportation Services Department at (574) 258-9565 and ask for an “address look-up.”
Those living outside the district and interested in enrolling non-resident students should visit the Non-resident Student Enrollment page for more information. We are currently not accepting any more non-resident students for the 2022-2023 school year.
Elementary and Middle School (Grades K-8)
Once you have determined the school, click here to choose the registration form for your school based on the District Boundaries Map . Please follow the directions found on the form to submit the required documentation.
- Required documentation:
Original Birth Certificate
Two Proofs of Residency (recent lease/rental/mortgage agreement/bill and a current utility bill or property tax statement)
Immunization records (click here for immunization requirements)
Any legal documents related to child custody, restrictions, or restraining order
Contact information for the school previously attended
- Resident students who wish to attend a different P-H-M school may request an internal transfer. Internal Transfer forms can be found on the Forms for Parents page.
- To register a new high school student, click here for information and call (574) 254-2851 to schedule an appointment.
BACK TO SCHOOL PACKETS
- The information in our “Back to School” packets is important and relevant all year round
- Please check your child’s packet; it includes forms that parents should complete, sign and return
- The 2022 – 2023 one-page calendar shows start and end dates, as well as scheduled recess and vacation dates
- The District Activities Calendar is mailed to all P-H-M families in August and lists key school and district events throughout the year. Click to view the PDF.
- The District also maintains an online calendar, as do each of the fifteen P-H-M schools
SCHOOL FEES AND SCHOOL SUPPLIES
- Please click here for the 2022 – 2023 school year fee information.
- Reduced fees are charged to those who apply for the assistance and meet the eligibility requirements
- Many of the supplies your child needs will be provided by the school. Teachers will inform when other specific items need to be purchased for a class or lab.
IMMUNIZATIONS AND HEALTHCARE SERVICES
- Visit the Immunizations page to make sure you child is up-to-date with all required immunizations.
- Proof of immunizations is due to the school office by the first day of school.
- Kindergarten parents, please learn about important kindergarten health information and medical forms
- Forms for administering medications at school are here
- All resident students are eligible for bus transportation. After submitting a request, allow two days to be added to a route.
- The Transportation page includes information on Here Comes the Bus app and EZ Routing parent portal
- Visit our Food & Nutrition page to see monthly menus and find nutritional information
- Set up your “lunch money” account at www.schoolcafe.com.
- Apply for Free/Reduced priced lunches. The same form is used to apply for a reduction in textbook fees
WEATHER RELATED CLOSINGS AND DELAYS
- This page provides general information on the school delays and closings
- This page has more detail on how two-hour school delays are managed
- Use the Safe School Helpline to make an anonymous report about school safety
- Call 1-800-418-6423 ext. 359
TEXT: TIPS to 614-426-0240
Download the Safe School Helpline® app
Click to get it from the App Store or Click to get it from Google Play
Go online at www.safeschoolhelpline.com
- Call the school directly to discuss a safety concern with the principal
You may also contact P-H-M’s Director of Safety and Student Services at 574-258-9551
- The school directory lists all schools with addresses, phone numbers, hours, etc.
- The Educational Services Center houses administrative offices at 55900 Bittersweet Road, Mishawaka, IN 46545. Phone 574-259-7941.
- The phone number for the Learning Division is (574) 258-9588.
- The staff directory is searchable by last name and provides job titles, locations and email addresses
- Help for high schoolers is a phone call away. Reach out to Penn’s Main Office (574-258-9503), Counseling Center (574-258-9502), or Student Services (574-258-9524)
Penn-Harris-Madison’s Triangle of Success is built on student achievement, with parent and teacher support.
Success depends on supportive parents … help us help your children!
PARENTS Click here for ways to get connected and stay informed.
PARENTS Click here for ways to get involved at your child’s school.