P-H-M families and students, we hope you had a good summer! And we hope you are as happy and eager as we are to kick off the 2016-2017 School Year!
We are confident this will be another great year full of excellent learning and extra-curricular opportunities for your students.
- The first day of school will be Wednesday, August 24 for grades 1 – 12. All students in 1st through 12th grades will report to their school buildings that day, and all those who are signed up for transportation services may ride the bus that day.
- Kindergarten orientation takes place on Wednesday, August 24, with the first full day of kindergarten being Thursday, August 25. Kindergartners and their parents are invited to attend scheduled orientation sessions hosted by each elementary school on August 24 (check your school’s website). Then, on August 25, kindergartners are welcome to ride the school bus and enjoy a full day in the classroom.
The BACK TO SCHOOL INFORMATION below will help parents and students get ready for the 2016-2017 School Year!
- Elementary and middle school offices will open on Monday, August 8, 7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Penn High School’s Main Office (574-258-9500) and Guidance Center (574-258-9502) are open now and ready to help students.
- School Directory
- Register a new elementary or middle school student by visiting the school after offices open on August 8. The Student Registration page lists what documentation is needed.
- Register a new high school student by calling (574) 254-2851. We will help you schedule your registration appointment and advise you on what information to bring with you to the appointment.
- On the first day of school all P-H-M students will receive a “Back to School” packet with important parent/guardian communications. Please read all of the contents, complete, sign and return the forms.
- You may also visit the Back to School Packet page to view and print the information off our website. The forms in the packet cannot be done online.
- Here is the SY 2016-2017 one-page calendar showing “at a glance” the start and end dates, as well as scheduled recess and vacation dates.
- All P-H-M families are mailed a District Activities Calendar early in August. It lists key school and district events throughout the year. Here is electronic copy of the District Activities Calendar.
- Our online (Google) calendars are the most up-to-date. You’ll find the PHM Corporate Calendar posted on the home page of each website. Here is the district’s online calendar. It’s a Google calendar that can be
- Each school also maintains an online calendar that is updated frequently with the school’s scheduled activities and event details. Bookmark your school’s website!
BACK TO SCHOOL EVENTS
- Our elementary schools are hosting many fun family events between August 17 and 23. Check your school’s website for details or check the District Activities Calendar. Mark your calendar, and plan to attend!
SCHOOL FEES AND SCHOOL SUPPLIES
- New for 2016-2017! School fees can be conveniently paid online via the PHM Webstore. Learn more here!
- 2016-2017 Fee Schedules are available online and in the Back to School packet. Fees are payable on the first day of school.
- Supply lists are not issued by our schools. Many of the supplies your child needs will be provided by the school. If other specific items need to be purchased for a class or lab, your child’s teacher will inform you after school starts.
- Visit the Immunizations page to make sure you child is up-to-date with all required immunizations. Proof of immunizations must be provided to the school office by the first day of school.
- Kindergarten parents, please learn about important kindergarten health information and medical forms before your kindergartner’s first day of school.
- Forms for administering medications at school
- School bus route times and locations will be shared with parents in a Transportation letter to be mailed the week before school starts.
- The Transportation page includes information on Here Comes the Bus and infoFinder i – two online tools to help parents and students keep track of bus travel.
- Visit our Food & Nutrition page to see monthly menus and find nutritional information
- NEW! Apply online for Free/Reduced Lunch and Textbook Assistance, and get your benefits sooner!
- NEW! SchoolCafé.com, the service for making meal payments online, has replaced MySchoolBucks. Learn more about paying for meals online here.
- Cash balances have been rolled forward from MySchoolBucks to SchoolCafe. It’s necessary to create a SchoolCafe account to access them.
Penn-Harris-Madison’s Triangle of Success is built on student achievement, with parent and teacher support. Success depends on supportive parents … help us help your children!
PARENTS Click here for ways to get connected and stay informed.
PARENTS Click here for ways to get involved at your child’s school.