The application window for P-H-M Education Foundation’s Spring 2020 Grant Cycle is now open!
PHMEF grants are eligible to any P-H-M staff member who can demonstrate a program’s innovation and creativity, and reflect commitment to excellence in education. Deadline for all grant applications is 4 p.m., Friday, March 27, at the P-H-M’s Educational Services Center (55900 Bittersweet Rd., Mishawaka).
PHMEF is seeking innovative programs that have not been previous funding through past grant cycles. Note there are funding restrictions such as not paying for substitutes, food, party supplies, etc. A complete list of restrictions can be found in the application packet (click to download & print the application packet). Those applications requesting non-funded expenses will not be presented to the Grants Committee.
So parents work with your student’s teacher or principal to write up a grant proposal for a program you’ve been wishing you child’s school had. PHMEF grants are eligible to any staff member who can demonstrate their program’s innovation, creativity and reflects commitment to excellence in education. During the Fall 2019 Grant Cycle, the PHMEF awarded $10,188.63 in grants! Click here for a list of the unique Fall 2019 grant awardees.
Watch the video below to see how a PHMEF grant awarded back in 2016 to plant fruit trees at three P-H-M elementary schools came to fruition in early fall ...
There are two ways to apply—EZ Form or Traditional Form. Grant applications and filing details can be found online at the Education Foundation’s website or by clicking on the links below:
- EZ Form: for grants less than $250
- Traditional Form: to be used for grants requesting $250 or more and/or a request that is comprehensive (multi-classroom, school-wide or district-wide requests). This form cannot be emailed. It must be sent with 10 copies each and with the appropriate signatures. Forms that don’t have these requirements and/or are not complete, will not be considered.
Your project evaluation must be submitted within 30 days of completion of the project or at the latest within the 1 year of funds being awarded. Consideration of future grants is dependent upon submission of a completed evaluation form. Click here to fill out the Grant Project Evaluation Form online.
The timeline for the PHMEF Spring Grant Cycle is as follows:
- Friday, March 27, 4:00 p.m. - All applications (EZ Form and Traditional Form) must be turned in at the ESC or emailed if it is the EZ Form by the deadline! No late applications will be accepted! Note there must be 10 copies for the traditional form.
- Between March 30 - April 22 - PHMEF grant committee meets to select recipients and presents grants for approval to the P-H-M Education Foundation Board of Directors.
- By April 24 – Recipients will be notified by email with formal letter to follow.
*Adobe Acrobat Reader will be required to view pdfs loaded on our website. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader, please visit Adobe’s website, at this link www.get.adobe.com/reader/, to download your free version. Or you can stop by the Education Resources Center at 55900 Bittersweet Rd., Mishawaka to pick up a copy.