The Penn-Harris-Madison School Corporation considers the health and safety of our school community as a top priority. As such, we are piloting a voluntary COVID-19 walk-up testing clinic. If a student, teacher, or staff member is symptomatic or quarantined due to exposure, they may receive a free BinaxNOW rapid antigen test for the COVID-19 virus. This program uses Abbott Laboratories BinaxNOW tests provided by the federal government.
Click here for the full document, including the consent form and what happens next after you receive results.
Who can be tested?
- Symptomatic students, teachers, and staff within the first seven (7) days of symptom onset.
- For close contacts to discontinue quarantine. May be used to test on days 5, 6, or 7 to be considered for early return to school with enhanced precautions on day eight (8) if symptoms are resolved.
The test cannot be used to:
- Allow close contacts to return to school prior to day eight (8)
- Serve as proof of negative COVID status to allow participation in extracurricular activities
- Apply to symptomatic students, teachers, or staff greater than seven (7) days past symptom onset
Where can they be tested:
- The walk-up clinic will take place at the P-H-M Bank Locker Room Building located on the corner of Bittersweet and McKinley Hwy (US20) near Penn High School. Parents and staff should enter off McKinley Hwy.
- The clinic will be open when school is in session on Mondays and Wednesdays from 7:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. No appointment is necessary. This will begin on Monday, November 1st.
- We will only test a student accompanied by a parent/guardian. Please bring the completed consent form to the clinic at the time of testing. Students or staff electing to participate in testing should plan to quarantine following the test until results are received.