Posted: Tuesday, March 3, 2020 - 12:03pm
Under Indiana Public Law, when a child enrolls in school his/her parent/guardian is required to furnish written proof that a child is fully immunized as required by the Indiana State Department of Health. Please furnish the immunization paperwork before the first day of school.
Immunizations may be obtained from your family doctor, St. Joseph County Health Department, or other area clinics. You can call the school health offices for resources.
View the minimum immunization requirements for 3 to 5-year-olds:
- 4 doses of DTaP
- 4 doses of DTaP/DTP/DT are acceptable if 4th dose was administered on or after child’s 4th birthday
- 3 doses of Polio
- 3 doses of Polio are acceptable if the 3rd dose was given on or after the 4th birthday and at least 6 months after the previous dose. *For all students, the final dose must be administered on or after the 4th birthday and be administered at least 6 months after the previous dose.
- 3 doses of Hepatitis B
- The minimum age for the 3rd dose of Hepatitis B is 24 weeks of age.
- 2 doses Hepatitis A
- The minimum interval between 1st and 2nd dose is 6 calendar months. 2 doses are required for all grades Pre-K through 12.
- 1 dose of MMR - on or after the first birthday
- 1 dose of Varicella (chickenpox) - on or after the first birthday or written physician documentation of the month and year of disease.