Helpful information on bus routes and bus riders
- Transportation is provided to and from a maximum of two (2) locations: typically the student’s home and one other approved site with verified contact information on file, such as a childcare provider. Parent/guardian work locations are not allowed. In the interest of keeping our students safe, we cannot accommodate complex schedules involving multiple stops.
- All stops must be within the boundaries of the school the student attends. Both internal transfer students and non-resident students approved to attend a P-H-M school may be added to the bus route using an approved location within that school’s boundaries, such as the home of a classmate or a childcare provider.
- Fall bus route information will be announced in a letter to be mailed to P-H-M households in August the week before school starts.
- After letters have been received, student transportation information, including bus numbers and schedules, may also be obtained by calling your school office directly, or by using Info-finder, our web-based look-up service.
- If your child has been routed but he or she will not be riding the bus, please inform your student’s school directly. This information will help us account for all of our students and keep them safe!
Commonly used Transportation forms
Use the Request for Bus Stop Review Form to request a review of an assigned bus stop location. Before submitting, please take time to read the criteria and policies printed on the form. Once completed, these forms should be sent to the Transportation Department. Each Request for Bus Stop Review will be carefully considered after the first month of school, when route anomalies that commonly occur at the start of the school year have been worked out.
Use the Add/Change/Withdrawal Form to:
- Start bus service for students new to Penn-Harris-Madison
- Change bus service for current students who’ve experienced a change in address
- Change bus service for current students transfering or being assigned to a new P-H-M school
- Discontinue bus service for those withdrawing from the district
The Add/Change/Withdrawal Form can also be used to request bus transportation from an second or alternative address (other than the student’s home). Please note that bus transportation is provided to and from a maximum of two (2) locations: typically the student’s home and one other approved site with verified contact information on file, such as a childcare provider. The completed forms should be submitted to your school, not the Transportation Department.