Results of recent standardized testing are shown below. In addition to these summative assessments, Penn-Harris-Madison uses formative assessments throughout the instructional process to measure students’ progress toward mastery.
Penn-Harris-Madison School Corporation has received an “A” grade from the Indiana Department of Education for the seventh consecutive year.
With the release of the 2017 Spring ISTEP+ results, P-H-M now ranks ranks in the state’s top 4% of public school districts!
- P-H-M’s overall district pass rate (ELA & Math) for grades 3-8 is 70.8%
- P-H-M’s overall district pass rate (ELA & Math) pass rate for grade 10 is 59.9%
P-H-M outperforms the state pass rates:
- State ELA overall pass rate (ELA & Math) for grades 3-8 is 51.5%
State ELA overall pass rate (ELA & Math) for grade 10 is 34.4%
The following are more examples of P-H-M Excellence:
- Northpoint is Indiana’s #1 public elementary school!
- Discovery ranks #3 out of the state’s 205 public middle schools.
- P-H-M has four schools (Northpoint, Prairie Vista and Horizon Elementary Schools, along with Discovery Middle School) ranked among the state’s top 50 of all 1,437 public schools.
- P-H-M ranks 4th among public school corporations with large high schools (student population more than 500).
The scores below represent percent of students passing ISTEP+ as administered in Spring 2017. Click here to visit the IDOE website to see the statewide results.
Below are P-H-M’s results by subject and grade level compared to the state.
All third grade students take part in the state’s IREAD exam to demonstrate reading proficiency.
92.7% of P-H-M third graders have passed the IREAD (based on the 2016 Spring-Summer IREAD results).
Click here to visit the IDOE website to see the statewide results.
Penn High School SAT and ACT scores
These results are from the Class of 2017:
SAT (Scholastic Aptitude Test)
- 527 graduates took the SAT with an average score of 1136. The average score in Indiana was 1071.
ACT (American College Testing)
- 505 graduates took the ACT with an average score of 22.9. The average score in Indiana was 22.6.